Updated: Apr 21
We use Canva, one of our affiliates, for most of our creative designs on Southpaw Essentials. Here’s a brief rundown of how we created this holiday card in just under 5 minutes, as well as a video demonstrating how easy it was to design. And, as we will show in future blogs, Canva has design templates you can use for just about every special occasion.
1. We went to Canva’s home page (affiliate ad link).
2. We typed ‘Happy Holidays’ into the ‘search’ field.
3. We scrolled through the templates and clicked on the one we liked.
4. This opened a new file for us.
5. We copied the hand in our company logo (white and blue) from another file and pasted it into different areas of the holiday card template. We used Canva to design our company logo before we launched Southpaw Essentials. You can click here for a story which explains how we did that. However, Canva makes it easy for anyone to upload logos, images, video, and audio files directly onto Canva so you can use them in your creative designs.
6. We resized and added the logo onto some of the ornaments as well.
7. We adjusted the size of the logo, rotated and positioned the hands and the ‘Happy holidays’ message where we thought they fit best.
8. We used the arrow keys on our laptop keyboard to place the logos exactly where we wanted them.
9. We copied the entire Southpaw Essentials logo, including text, and pasted it onto our holiday card file.
10. You can insert new text easily within Canva, with many font styles to choose from.
11. Back to the holiday card, we used the smaller font from our logo to type, ‘From your friends at’.
12. We positioned some of the elements to center them and make them fit nicely on the template.
13. We downloaded the image as a PNG file onto our laptop and used it from there for our social media and to email our customers. You can also download other file formats including PNG, JPG, PDF, SVG, MP4 and GIF.
14. Canva allows these images to be uploaded directly to your social media accounts---Instagram, Facebook page and groups, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Slack and more. So far, we have preferred to save our designs on our laptops and smart phones and upload the images from there to social.
And that’s it!! Less than 5 minutes.
As always, let us know if you have any questions about Canva. Click here to try Canva (affiliate ad link).